Your calling is not your burden, it's God's.
"Mary asked the angel, 'But how can this happen? I am a virgin.' The angel replied, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and he will be called the Son of God.'"
- Luke 1:34-35 (New Living Translation)
I'm in a season of what feels like a total recalibration of my way of doing things. One of my "ways of doing" that I'm leaving in 2020 is doing work outside of the anointing of God. And what I mean by that is, I've found that there's a HUGE difference in the way I function after I've truly entered God's presence early in my day. The clarity and execution just flows effortlessly. Conversely, I've found that on days where I may skip my worship time, work feels like I'm trying to force a square peg in a round hole. Straight up toil. And as I look back over my last decade of doing business, I realize that's how I've operated for so long.
Don't get me wrong, obviously God can still get a lot accomplished through you even when you don't praise & worship every day. But the way that execution just flows when you've been in His presence?! I don't wanna go back to working without it. It's like I'm a junkie for God's presence now That's why this week's scripture touches me so much. Mary asked the angel how she's going to fulfill her calling and He basically said, you're not going to do it sis, the Holy Spirit is.
Read that again: you're. not. going. to. do. it. The Holy Spirit is.
I already know you're called to do great work for God's Kingdom that will shed light and love and goodness on this earth. The most beautiful thing about all of it is that your calling is not your burden, it's God's. And I'm starting to realize He's made it SO much easier for us to walk in than we make it out to be sometimes. Literally, the only thing we need to do is stay connected to Him and the rest flows from there. So tap in.
Still hungry? Eat some more //
- John 15:4-5 → Jesus knew exactly what He was talking about when He said this. Outside of Him we can't fully bear the fruit God has for us to bear. And I wanna bear ALL the fruit!
- Luke 5:16, Mark 1:35 → This is how Jesus accomplished His calling. This is the blueprint.
- Exodus 31:1-5 → This dude wouldn't have been able to accomplish His work without the Holy Spirit either. The anointing is necessary.
- Exodus 33:15 → Mood forever.
- P.S. I'm still curating some BIF worship playlists to support you "tapping in" on a regular basis. If you have any songs that help you get into God's presence, please reply back and share them!