Stabilize your money mindset.
"But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."
- James 1:6-8 (New International Version)
In the process of cultivating abundant thinking and a wealth mindset over the past year or so, I've finally uncovered what I believe is my biggest mental block related to money:
My mind believes it's ok to have wealth, but that it's not ok to actively pursue / build wealth.
What in the contradiction!? I realize now that I'm experiencing these dueling beliefs because the Bible says a ton about money and it's not all "negative" or all "positive"; it's super nuanced. And not studying those nuances out in detail has led to confusion that, I believe, has made it hard for me to fully receive the abundance I know in my heart that God has for me.
This week's scripture brought all this home for me. How can I expect to receive anything from God when I'm asking for something and doubting it at the same time? James made it clear here that instability in our minds makes it difficult to receive from God. If we're going to experience all that God has for us, we've got to stabilize our mindsets; especially around money.
I know I've got my work cut out for me to clarify the Biblical nuances about money that my mind has been confused about; what work do you have to do? Whether you're at the stage of figuring out what bad beliefs you have about money in the first place or you've already started the process of dismantling your doubts, just stay encouraged. God's been taking good care of you this whole time—despite your mindset struggles—so imagine what He'll be able to do once you overcome them!
Still hungry? Eat some more //
- Matthew 6:24 & 12:22-26 → Jesus taught about this principle of duality in different ways that are worth exploring from the perspective of working on your money mindset.
- Mark 11:22-24 → This is what's possible when we eradicate our doubts
- Mark 10:27 → Anything is possible with God, even dismantling stubborn doubts that have lived in your brain for a long time.
- Mark 9:23-24 → While your mindset is under construction, I believe this prayer will help you get results in the meantime. Thank God for His grace!