Keep doing you.
"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13 (New Living Translation)
A big name in the Christian entrepreneurship space just launched a similar community as my new virtual coworking space for Christian founders and when I saw it I started shaking in my boots. Like she gon' take ALL my people Jesus 😩😂 What happened immediately after these feelings of fear and comparison tried to overwhelm me was this river of encouragement from God that came flooding in that I hope will encourage you too:
- God is My Source. If literally the worst fear that could possibly happen happened and all my customers left for this person's community, imma ALWAYS still be good cuz I got the Source!
- Diversify. Yes we need multiple streams of income from different sources outside our businesses, but our businesses themselves also need multiple streams within them. Netflix is dealing with this right now as new streaming platforms are continuing to steal market share. I thank God for the reminder and push to diversify my new brand.
- Acquisition. Who knows, she may wanna acquire my company one day! (or vice versa!) How dope would that be? Your competition could become your business partner one day if you stop being scurred & put your CEO pants on.
- Kingdom First, Always. God got two of His kids out here creating spaces to bring Christian founders together and minister to us in this new virtual age we've entered into. That's dope! And I'm honored to be on the team!
But the most encouraging thing He gave me actually came from a devotional I wrote back in 2019 that was also about comparison. In it I was worrying about competition for my book coaching program—a program I don't even offer or think about anymore!
What you're comparing yourself about today may not even be a part of your reality in 3 years.
So why worry about it at all!? All you need to be doing is being great, doing whatever God has called you to do to the best of your ability in this season. Trust me, just like in my case, you haven't even begun to fathom where God is taking you! So just enjoy the ride and trust that God got you, your competition & everything else that concerns you right in the palm of His hands.
If you're wrestling with discouragement and comparison feelings right now, I pray the same prayer that Paul prayed in this week's scripture for you. That God, our source of unlimited hope & encouragement!, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. I trust that then you will OVERFLOW with CONFIDENT hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name amen!!!
Keep doing you.
Still hungry? Eat some more //
- Galatians 2:7-8 → Paul & Peter had two different graces but the end goal was the same: getting the gospel to everybody. Keep focusing on your mission [First Name], I'm sure there's MORE than enough work to go around!
- This is the other devotional I wrote on comparison back in 2019 that is really affirming if you need another hit. It also has some additional scriptures to study around it that are so good!
- Join the waitlist for my new virtual coworking space, Faithful Founder. You'll be the first to be notified when our doors reopen soon.