God wants you to experience radical provision.
"For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him..."
- 2 Chronicles 16:9a (NKJV)
Let's back up for a sec. The past 3 weeks I've been sharing a series called Radical Provision but I haven't yet officially introduced what exactly "Radical Provision" is, so I wanted to do that this week, as well as share a little background into how this series came to be.
It started with me sharing this post on Instagram last August. In it, I share the beginnings of this revelation God's been teaching me about going directly to Him for our provision vs always automatically going to ourselves, our jobs, businesses, etc.
What followed was a slew of testimonies of people sharing how they acted on what I shared in that post (as well as this one) and God "radically" met a need for them. Here are a few of their testimonies:
As you can imagine, this was all pretty awe-inspiring for me. I sensed that this was a God thing that more people needed to learn about and I also knew I had more to share about this subject than could fit in a few posts. So I just kept writing down the revelations as they came, with a plan to share them later. Well, it's later! I think there's even more to this than just this series, but this is where we're gonna start.
So, what is "Radical Provision"?
Radical Provision is simply what happens when we receive supernaturally from God on purpose.
Sometimes it's mind-blowing and spectacular, while other times it's so chill you barely even notice it unless God draws your attention to it. It often happens quickly—though not always—and can happen in unconventional ways you didn't see coming.
But the biggest element of radical provision is that it happens when YOU activate it.
It's not something you have to "wait on God" to feel like blessing you with.
It's you putting the principles of His word to work on your behalf, just like a mature child of God should, and—by faith—actually receiving the thing you requested.
My hope with this series is to:
- enlarge your faith that God is available to provide for you whatever you're bold enough to ask Him for
- teach you some practical ways to access His radical provision using the tools He's left for us in His word
- help you avoid some of the barriers that can block the flow of God's provision in your life
And whatever else the Holy Spirit has to share 🤷🏾♀️
I'm just here to pass along what I've been learning (emphasis on learning). I'm not an expert and have gone through highs and low of practicing these principles in my own life. I know for a fact that putting these principles to work is a skill that takes time to hone so I don't claim that it will always work immediately for you. But I do believe that as you continue to feed your faith and practice it, you're going to see radical results in your life more and more consistently, just like I have.
I'm not sure how many weeks we'll be on this subject cuz I'm just flowing, but if you know anyone who could benefit from this word, forward them this email now and invite them to subscribe.
P.S. What questions, doubts or concerns do you have about this topic? Is there anything specific that you'd like me to discuss? I'll be going live on my Instagram on Tuesday afternoons to dive deeper into each week's message so I'd love to hear from you to address any thoughts you may have.
Still hungry? Eat some more //
- I know this wasn't really a devotional today, so I encourage you to feed on the Instagram posts linked above and the scripture references shared there. Some people also shared their testimonies of God's provision in the comments and, since testimonies are also fuel for our faith, I encourage you to feed on those too!
- I've also been sharing live messages from this series that you can watch on the Big Idea Food Youtube channel (don't forget to subscribe!)