God says you’re worthy.
"And the Lord said to Moses, Make a fiery serpent [of bronze] and set it on a pole; and everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, shall live. And Moses made a serpent of bronze and put it on a pole, and if a serpent had bitten any man, when he looked to the serpent of bronze [attentively, expectantly, with a steady and absorbing gaze], he lived."
- Numbers 21:8-9 (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition)
God says you’re worthy.
Worthy of that money you need.
Worthy of that child you desire to have.
Worthy of that house you’re believing for.
Worthy of that impact He called you to.
Worthy of that healing you need.
Worthy of [insert whatever thing you don't think you're worthy of].
If you don't believe this—and I mean really believe it so that you're actually ACTING on that belief, not that you just know it on an intellectual level—it's always going to be difficult for you to receive what you need from God—even when you're using all the other tools I've been sharing with you these past few weeks.
The good news is, God has provided you a supernatural way to "help your unbelief" (Mark 9:24):
I can't explain it but there's just something about reminding yourself of what the body & blood of Christ did for you, by taking communion, that cleanses your conscience from condemnation (aka an unworthy mindset). It's just like how God provided this method for healing the children of Israel from poisonous snake bites; it didn't make sense, but it worked.
We can either choose to believe that Jesus encouraged us to do communion (1 Cor 11:23-25) just because it's a nice thing to do, or we can believe there was purpose & power behind it just like there was behind everything else Jesus spoke & did while He was on earth. All I'm saying is, if you haven't already, try communion and receive the worthiness God purchased for you!
Where are you when it comes to taking communion? I truly want to know. Do you have any doubts, fears, concerns or questions around it? Are you curious how to do it on your own or that you'll do it "wrong"? I'd love to hear from you as I'm considering sharing more on this subject in an upcoming live because I truly believe this is a game-changing practice Jesus left us that can help us receive from Him on a higher level. So reply back and let me know any thoughts or help you need with this!
Still hungry? Eat some more //
- Romans 8:32→ this is why you're worthy of whatever thing you need right now.
- I share more about how communion helps with creative blocks here in this post.
- Some of my favorite communion scriptures to review when I'm taking communion (I don't review them all every time, just whichever ones feel most relevant to my situation at the moment & sometimes Holy Spirit will reveal a different, fresh one to my spirit too): Romans 8:1 & 32, Heb 10:1-2, John 6:48-58, Isaiah 53, Galatians 3:13-14 in the context of Deuteronomy 28:15-68
- This was also a really good sermon for battling condemnation and he touches on communion toward the end of it too.
- This is a really good message about the power of communion for health & healing with more Biblical education around it + it explains how to not partake of it "unworthily"
- Search YouTube for powerful communion teachings from this pastor for more revelation around the power of communion
- My devotional series from this month covering mindsets & tools for helping you receive from God from can be found here (P.S. I'm going to be starting a new series on receiving provision from God and this series, especially this message about worthiness and communion is foundational to really receiving from God so definitely tap in if you haven't already!)
- Remember to reply back and let me know what you're struggling with around communion!