"Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death. Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying."
- Hebrews 2:14-15 (New Living Translation)
I don't know if fear has been trying to grip you over these past few weeks leading up to today's election, but I have felt it trying to creep in HEAVY. As I've been contemplating all the "what ifs" and potential implications of everything that "might" happen based on my decisions and those of others in this season, the anxiety has definitely been real. But, as always, God came through with a word that I'm hoping will bring you as much encouragement as it brought me. He reminded me that:
- As we allllllready know, fear is not of God (2 Timothy 1:7) but also..
- This anxiety has its roots in a certain type of fear: the fear of death.
And the reason it's important to understand this particular grade of fear is because as you can see in our scripture this week, the Bible explicitly says that Jesus took the power of death away from the devil. He literally can't touch you with death any longer.
And why is that such a powerful truth? Because "death" can take on many forms if you think about it: of course there's physical death, but also death to your business, our nation, life as we know it, etc Whatever fear you've been imagining, it's ultimately a form of death that scripturally has no power over you as a believer. But that's not even the dopest part of what God showed me in the midst of all this.
Let's pretend for a sec that one of your fears were to come true and something "died". Guess who Jesus is ?! That's right, He is the RESURRECTION!!! (John 11:25). Even if something dies, He can bring it back to life!
I don't know about you, but that word encouraged the heck out of me! Nothing is too impossible or too far gone that our God can't reach or resurrect. So do like the Bible tells you to do fiftyleven times and "fear not". All that spirit of fear is trying to do is rob you of your peace and cripple your movement in the direction of your God-given purpose and we ain't got time for that.
Still hungry? Eat some more //
- Isaiah 54:17→ all fear is just another weapon trying to prosper against you that can't 🤷🏾♀️
- Matthew 18:18, Matthew 12:37, Proverbs 18:21→ the devil can't touch you unless you give him permission with your words. In this season and always, push yourself to continue speaking life, not fear.
- Psalm 27:1→ Let this be your constant affirmation (and if you need it in song form, this is one of my faves)
- If this word encouraged you, these might too: Don't Settle for Disappointment & Fight for What Belongs to You
*Affiliate Disclosure: I may be an affiliate for books, products or services that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links, I may earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. I only recommend books, products and services that I use and/or genuinely believe in.